Deane Eldredge's The Write Rules
A Guide to Clarity in Business Communications
An easyto-use, authoritative guide to style and clarity in all business communications
(See Registration Form Below)
More energy is wasted on worthless writing — both in creating it and reading it — than just about any other business activity.
Fortunately, good writing can be easy with this sensible and interactive workshop from a veteran professional writer. Here at last is a style guide workshop developed exclusively for modern business writers. Because it carries the knowledge and expertise of Deane Eldredge, a former journalist, political speech writer, seminar writer and facilitator, it is sure to be an "instant authority" in the tradition of such classics as the AP Style Guide for journalists and the MLA Style Guide for academics.
- You’ll find that the course encompasses all aspects of style, from basic (such as the new rules of punctuation and grammar) to complex (such as how to write a proposal and how to format a procedures manual).
- You’ll also learn about frequently misused words and expressions; matching the right tone to the situation or person; and the correct writing styles for memos, letters, job descriptions, reports, newsletters, and even e-mail.
- The Workshop is specifically designed to help the participant make informed judgments about the best mode of expression.
- It provides guidelines on the full range of business communications, formats, preferred usages, and other issues that frequently arise in the creation of memos, emails, reports, newsletters, and speeches.
- Learn a simple process that will help you eliminate writer’s block.
- Practice with before-and-after writing samples, lists of words to avoid, antiquated words and phrases, and commonly misspelled words.
- Discover how to use the Flesch Reading Ease setting on your computer for an instant analysis of your writing.
- Identify and focus your writing to gain maximum effect from each and every word.
- Relearn the art of letter writing to appropriate and influential effect.
- Understand the purpose of your writing and plan how to best get the message across.
- Communicate with clarity and precision.
Here at last is a workshop developed for the modern business writer that does away with stuffy, archaic forms of correspondence, and introduces a more conversational, clear and concise style of writing.
FEE: $295 + gst Includes one-day seminar & workbook *
* Special Rates Note:
- Special Rates of $250 Available for CMA, CGA, CA, RPA, EMBA, ACSESS and APEGGA Members
- Special Rate of $250 available for some Alberta Government employees
- Corporate rates for multiple registrations are also available
- If you are eligible, be sure to include your membership (or candidacy) number on your registration form.
- Equivalent to 8 Hours of Professional Development- (CEUs, PDCs, CPEs, CPLDs)
To Register, fill out the following form and submit.
You can also contact: Deane Eldredge
Call: (780) 484-2189
Seating will be limited to first 25 paid registrants
Invoices will be emailed upon receipt of the above information